Welcome! All words and images here are for your visual enjoyment, but please, even though it's only for your personal use, ask me first for permission to alter, copy or re-publish any words, images, artwork, photos or web design elements from this blog as they are Andrew Borloz' property, duly protected by international and US copyright laws. Thank you so much for respecting my property ownership.




20 May 2016

Stenciled Cardboard Frames - Part 3

After I created the two tutorials in the past two posts on how you can create your own corrugated cardboard frames, I am still creating more frames with the other stencils that I designed for Stencil Girl Products. Here in this post, I am presenting to you four more new ideas.

Shown below is one set of frames created from one piece using X & O stencil and Chevron Set #3 stencil. So far, this is the only one that utilizes two stencils instead of just one. After creating the background with black & white gesso, I started first with X & O stencil and then the Chevron. I then used the X & O stencil again on top of the Chevron - making some of the images "float" above the Chevron. The result is a "layered" look.


The next one (below) in a series of six frame designs is simpler than the above. I created the background first using craft acrylic paints in various light or medium colors, and then placed the Curvies Dash Stencil over the top, and applied the darker acrylic paints in three colors - one of them metallic.


The fifth one in a series of six different designs (two of them are already shown in previous posts) utilizes the same technique as above but in reverse - dark colors for the background and light colors for the stenciled pattern done with Crossed Rounds (top of the three designs on the stencil). Yes, I had to reuse the same top pattern, using the top row as a "register" for alignment of the next repeat.


The last one in this series utilizes black, white and clear gesso for the background and four craft acrylic colors in various shades for the stenciled pattern - one color for each set within the Mini-Dots stencil. I placed this stencil on the top, and applied four colors, then I moved the stencil down and applied two colors, and then move it back up, placing the bottom sets over the top of the stenciled dots. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, do please let me know by leaving your comments here.



I hope I have inspired you to create your own frames, and I'm still creating more designs using the other current designs available from my page in Stencil Girl Products.

*Full disclosure: Andrew Borloz does receive royalties from the sale of the stencil shown above directly from Stencil Girl Products. No promotional fees were paid to Andrew Borloz for promoting his own stencil designs and others.

No comments: