Welcome! All words and images here are for your visual enjoyment, but please, even though it's only for your personal use, ask me first for permission to alter, copy or re-publish any words, images, artwork, photos or web design elements from this blog as they are Andrew Borloz' property, duly protected by international and US copyright laws. Thank you so much for respecting my property ownership.




30 September 2017

Art Postcards Created for Artists For Artists 2017

My friend Michelle Ward invited me to participate in her fundraising effort to assist artists affected by natural disaster. She asked me if I could create a postcard size artwork so that it can be part of a set of eight postcards. It was after Hurricane Harvey hit Texas when she sent me an invitation, and I came up with the first postcard below:


I used one of Michelle Ward's stencils (plus set mini stencil - click here and scroll down) for the above postcard. But when another hurricane hit Florida and an earthquake hit Mexico, I thought that maybe it would be better if I should create another art postcard in case the fundraising effort includes other areas. It did turn out that Michelle has decided to expand the scope to other areas affected by natural disasters. She asked me if I would do another one, and I happily obliged as I was in agreement with her enlarged scope. So I've come up another one below.





I decided to use one of my crazy quilt stencils as it reflects the diversity and unity of one group of artists in their efforts to raise funds for their fellow artists. You can see how I created the above postcard (sans the stitches around each pattern) - I've written a guest blog post and created a "silent" tutorial - click here.

Michelle coordinated all of the tasks involved in the creation and printing of the postcards - inviting the artists, processing their digital submissions (or digitizing their original art work), ordering, packing, posting in her Etsy shop, and fulfilling the orders. She has created the graphics for the group so that each artist could assist her fundraising efforts by promoting in his/her blog, IG, or FB page. Here's one of them: 

http://michelleward.typepad.com/michelleward/2017/09/artists-for-artists-fundraiser.html

She has written a blog post about the whole fundraising effort (here or above photo) and you can purchase a set of eight postcards in her Etsy shop, GRNPEP. Please bear in mind that this is limited edition and once sold, they will no longer be available for sale again. In her blog post, she has explained where all of the proceeds will go to - an organization serving the artists in need.

I think this is wonderful as it gave me an opportunity to help out my fellow artists affected by natural disasters.

No comments: